Role: Case Manager
Dealing with a large volume of mis-sold pension claims from inception to settlement and ensuring that the best outcome is achieved on each claim.
– LLB (Hons) Law degree
– BPTC – Bar Professional Training Course
– Training with several different firms to maintain status of a County Court advocate.
Greatest Achievement at Get Claims Advice:
Obtaining compensation for a client within 21 days of submitting the claim to the relevant body.
Greatest Personal Achievement:
Being called as a barrister to the Bar of England and Wales.
- The client was signed up in 2015 as a result of being advised by TailorMade Independent Ltd to transfer his personal pensions into a SIPP and to invest in Green Oil, SCS Farmland and Harlequin
- We successfully pursued a claim against TailorMade and the client was awarded the maximum compensation of £50,000 in 2015 but his losses exceeded this amount
- However, we then noted that the SIPP provider, Guardian, had gone into default
- We therefore pursued a claim against the SIPP provider to recover any unresolved losses
- Unfortunately the client passed away in January 2020; the claim was therefore continued by the client’s wife
- Despite this, we were able to recover a further £38,193.98 for the client. This is due to be paid to the client’s wife once a grant of probate has been obtained
- The client was signed up in 2019 as a result of being advised by Stadia Trustees Ltd to transfer his personal pension into a Stadia SIPP
- Despite being provided with minimal information as a result of our subject access request, we obtained enough to pursue a claim against Stadia Trustees Ltd via the FSCS in 2020 and the client was awarded £20,131.71 within 21 days of the claim being submitted
- The client was signed up in 2017 as a result of being advised by Torch Wealth Management to transfer his personal pensions into a SIPP and to invest in various medium-high risk investments
- We pursued a claim against Torch Wealth Management via the Financial Ombudsman Service initially however, they soon went into administration
- We therefore arranged for the claim to be redirected via the FSCS and arranged for FOS’ file to be passed over
- As a result, we successfully pursued a claim against Torch Wealth Management and the client was awarded £12,684.50 in 2020